Safety Inspections


Safety Checks, pink slips and E-safety checks.


What is a Pink slip ?

In NSW safety certificates used to be referred to as pink slips because that's what colour paper they were printed on - since July 2008 drivers in New South Wales can now get paperless e-safety checks. This means we can send your e-safety report (formally pink slip) electronically straight to the transport authority, allowing you to register your vehicle online without having to physically take your certificate to an RTA office.

safety inspections parramatta

How do I know if I need a pink slip or safety inspection ?

In NSW you will be notified if your vehicle requires a safety inspection on the cars registration renewal notice that you receive from the RTA in the mail. Generally a safety inspection is required in NSW if the vehicle is more than five years old or if it was previously registered in another state or territory. There are different types of inspections according to vehicle weights or if it is powered by LPG.

Metcalfe Automotive Centre is authorised to perform Safety Inspections on:

•Cars and light commercial vehicles up to 5 tonnes tare weight except vehicles fitted with power-operated brakes.
•Light trailers and caravans up to 2 tonnes gross trailer mass (GTM) except those fitted with breakaway brakes.
•Motorcycles - including motorcycles with a side-car.
•Buses up to 2.5 tonnes tare weight.

For more information about our Safety Inspections or if you need a 'pink slip' please Call Us today.

Specialist Car Services